Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Journey

My journey with mental illness did not start until I was in my 30's because that is when I was diagnosed. My illness has actually been with me since I was a little girl. The more I learn about my mental illness, the more the pieces are falling into place. My actions as a child, which were seen defiant and disrespectful, were actually me trying to cope with my surroundings. It amazes me how much my responses as a child make sense to me now as an adult. Through this blog, I want to share my journey as a student, adult and a future teacher on what I have learned, what I am learning about my illness. Let the adventure begin.





photo from the Schuylkill River Manayunk Pa 2009 R. Howe


DISCLAIMER:  I do want to mention that this is my journey. This is my story with mental illness and all the thoughts and triggers that come with it. I am getting help from a professional. Please, I urge you to call the suicide hotline at 1.800.273.8255 if you want to hurt your self. I encourage you to call a mental health professional, speak to a guidance counselor or your doctor. There is help out there and you are not alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment